Out of the Valley is seeking a CAD technician / trainee architect to join its team at our new workshop near Dartington, Devon.
About the company
Out of the Valley is a design-led studio and manufacturing workshop that creates wooden buildings, cabins, saunas and furniture. We work extensively with natural materials, with a focus on modern construction techniques and traditional craftsmanship. In this unique role you will be an integral part of the design process, from concept through to workshop fabrication drawings. As we’re a small team your role will also involve elements of project management and procurement.
We are looking for an ambitious and talented candidate whose design aesthetic and ethos aligns with our own, and we equally value diversity and big picture thinkers. A strong knowledge of construction processes, particularly focused around timber fabrication methods in small to medium projects is welcomed. We have a design office and timber workshop on site where we fabricate our projects. It is crucial that the candidate is highly motivated and is keen to be involved in a very hands-on approach to design and construction as we expand.
- Demonstrate strong creative skills
- Proficiency in Vectorworks (training available), Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp
- Drawing and illustration skills, both hand and digital would be useful
- Confident with the G suite, spreadsheets and also project management software
- Knowledge of wooden construction techniques
- Knowledge in UK building regulations and planning policy
- To work on workshop fabrication drawings
- Good understanding of construction techniques and detailing in timber buildings
- Communication skills, both written, verbal and visual
- Experience in preparing detailed working drawings & technical detailing
- Able to be responsible for managing varied projects personally as well as part of a small team
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and able to commence work asap.
Dependant on experience.
Please submit a ‘considered’ portfolio and CV for the role showing creativity and technical skills.
We look forward to hearing from you, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.