To take responsibility for the day to day running of the workshop including both OOTV bespoke and Nomad cabin production.
Workshop manager to supervise day to day operations of the workshop. Directing tasks to ensure that all works completed are in budget, on time and completed to the highest quality standards.
The individual must have the ability to manage staff, run workshop, plan projects, allocate work schedule and prioritise workflow and be able to successfully action instructions provided by senior management.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Effectively communicate tasks and requirements to an assigned team of workshop staff.
- Workshop manager must be capable of taking project details from drawings through to completion including assembly, finishing and delivery.
- Knowledge and experience of woodwork machinery is essential.
- Monitoring workload and providing solutions to ensure targets are met any risks are mitigated.
- Manage the quality outputs of all workshop employees, offering feedback where required and continually encouraging improvements.
- Ensure policies and procedures are adhered to in relation to health and safety
- Implement and maintain a housekeeping program to ensure that the team are working in an efficient, tidy and safe environment at all times.
- Monitor employees’ performance. Coach and mentor members of the team offering regular feedback to employees on performance
- Physically work on build projects in the workshop and on site
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Understands the importance of hitting deadlines
- Ability to prioritise own work and work of others
- Good technical understanding and relevant practical skills
- Methodical and organised
- People management and motivational skills
- Pays attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Builds relationships with internal and external contacts
- Comfortable following procedures
- Willing to take the initiative to resolve a problem
Aims and Goals
- To build a highly skilled team of passionate makers
- To produce cabins, furniture and joinery of the highest quality and establish a reputation for this
- Constantly hit production deadlines within priced hours
- Build efficient process into workflow to minimise time hungry tasks
- Minimise mistakes and foresee potential construction issues before they escalate
Dependant on experience.
Permanent position subject to initial three-month probationary period.
This role will keep you busy and every day will be different. It requires a positive and enthusiastic individual who is comfortable playing a key role in this design and make workshop
Candidates must provide a PDF portfolio of work and C.V to be assessed